Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Jan Heberger

My heart has been heavy today thinking about an email I received telling me of the death of another member of Callaway Painters Jan Heberger.

Jan passed away Monday for what was thought to be an aneurysm. Carolyn Molder and Jan Heberger have been coming to paint the azaleas at Callaway for the last several years and I've really enjoyed seeing and painting with them. Both are from North Carolina and we met thru another yahoo discussion group about pastels. I was shocked that Jan died. She was not ill. It's never easy to give up someone you love and Jan was certainly loved.

I've shared this photography before, but thought you might like to see it again. Here is a picture of us this past spring. Jan has on red.

From left to right, Phyllis Franklin, Durinda Cheek, Sandra Babb, Jan Heberger, Carolyn Molder.



To view past messages or to make a comment on the public blog, click here.

1 comment:

bj said...

I didn't know Jan. I'm a very new member to the Callaway Painters group. In the photo, she's standing next to my dear friend, Sandra.

I will remember her this week as I go outside to paint. As plein air painters we share a kinship with each other as we share nature around us.