Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tell us what you think.

When you have time,leave a comment. That way we all will be able to see your comments and you can leave a link to your website which will increase traffic to your site plus it gives the search engines yet another reason to index you and your art. It's also a great way to let your fellow painters know you have seen them as a featured artist or congratulate them on awards, news or add your comments. If at any time you would like to become a contributing author/editor, just drop me a line. One of the joys of being an artist is to be able to share information learned with our fellow artists. Being an artist can sometimes be a solitary activity, but it doesn't have to be.

I hope some of you are making plans to paint outside. If you are and want some company, just post your location and I'm sure someone will want to join you. I'll be painting at Callaway this weekend if anyone wants to join me.

1 comment:

bj said...

I've been trying to paint most of the Summer. My routine has been - (1) Get up early (during the heat it's been around 7am or earlier) (2) Have all my 'stuff' prepacked (including drink and snack) ready to go out the door (3) Shower but no makeup, no fussing with hair (wear a hat), and have my painting clothes laid out ready to jump into (4) Have in mind BEFORE I leave home WHERE and WHAT I want to paint (5) Go to the site, set up and start painting (6) It goes fairly fast at this point (7) If the heat holds off and I'm still willing, I'll find another view to paint - usually without packing up and moving (8) I try not to waste too much time driving to my first painting site.

Anyway, that's what has worked for me painting en plein air this Summer. I'm watching the leaves turning and falling early, so painting at the same site again and again poses different results, but since I'm familiar with the vista, it makes painting it again even easier.