Monday, September 24, 2007

Inventory Fun

If you don't already have a good way to keep up and inventory your paintings and you have Microsoft Access for Windows, long time photographer/pastelist Rick Lee invites you to use a database that he created to keep up with his work.

You can download a free copy at his website from this page:
Rick Lee's Free Database


If you do have Miscrosoft Access for Windows, check to see which version and download the one that fits. Once you get it downloaded, you will see that Rick has included several pages of his work that you can just edit or delete that will help you get started with your own painting pages. I particulary like his automatic price calculator which uses the square inch method of pricing work.

I did have all my paintings inventoried using Rick's program, but lost all my information when my old computer crashed. This was a HUGE lesson for me, so do as I say and not as I do... when I tell you to save your work to a disk often. I've gotten so careful I have two disks that I save my work to. Ever so often I just pop in my disk and save then pop in my second disk and save again. I sleep better. :)

No comments: